Calvert Library offers notary services for free when a notary public is available
We have notaries at the Prince Frederick and Southern branches. Please call the closest branch to ensure that a notary will be available.
What to Bring
- Customers must bring a valid, current photo ID, and all signers must be present at signing.
- Complete document, minus the signature. Documents to be notarized should NOT be signed before working with the notary.
- Should your document require additional witnesses, please plan to have them accompany you for the signing—the library cannot be expected to provide additional witnesses.
Notaries screen the signers of documents for their:
- True identity
- Willingness to sign without duress or intimidation
- Awareness of the contents of the document or transaction
What we cannot notarize:
- Mortgages or real estate transactions
- Employment verification (IRS form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification)
- Notaries will not provide their signature and seal if the customer’s document or circumstances of the request for notarization raise any issues of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt, or uncertainty. In this event, the library notary may at their sole discretion decline to provide notary service.
For notary questions please call 410-535-0291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information also available at Maryland Secretary of State, Notary Division