CALVERT LIBRARY IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING PASSPORT APPLICATIONS
Calvert Library Prince Frederick is a Passport Acceptance Facility
For application forms, full documentation requirements, fees and travel warnings, visit the U.S. Department of State web site or call 877-487-2778.
Need to apply for a passport? No Problem!
As a convenience to the community, Calvert Library Prince Frederick accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. Here are the facts at a glance. For more details, click the links or visit the U.S. Department of State passport information page.
If you are planning to travel within 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you need to apply in person in Washington D.C. Please call 1-877-487-2778 to make an appointment.
Para obtener Informacion en Español
Where do I go?
Calvert Library Prince Frederick
850 Costley Way, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
At this time passport services are not available at our Fairview, Southern, and Twin Beaches Branches.
What are the hours?
|Monday||3 – 7pm|
|Tuesday||3 – 7pm|
|Wednesday||10am – 7pm|
|Thursday||3 – 7pm|
|Friday||no passport hours|
|Saturday||9am – 3pm|
Appointments are not needed, but please be aware that there may be a wait. It takes time to complete the application process. This may cause a wait, especially during peak times. We encourage you to use the time to see what else Calvert Library can offer you! Please be advised that we reserve the right to close the passport waiting list depending on the time available for processing applications. We may not be able to begin processing applications if they cannot be completed within the service hours.
What you will need to apply for passports
- The applicant, including infants and children, must be present.
- Proof of citizenship – Examples:
- a birth certificate issued by the government featuring an official seal, signature, and names of both parents. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not accepted.
- a Naturalization Certificate
- a previous U.S. passport
- a Permanent Resident Card is also required for children of Naturalized parent
- Current proof of identity – Example: valid driver’s license/State ID/Government or Military ID.
- Photocopies of proof of citizenship and identification: You must submit a photocopy of your proof of citizenship, as well as the front and back of your identification. The copies can be in color or in black & white. You can make photocopies at Calvert Library for $0.20 per page in black & white or $0.50 per page in color.
- Separate payment for Department of State and Calvert Library fees – Processing fees must be paid by check or money order, only, to the U.S. Department of State. Execution fees can be paid by cash, check, money order, or credit card to Calvert Library.
- A completed, UNSIGNED application – Passport Application DS-11 must contain no cross-outs, white-out, or errors of any kind and must be completed in BLACK ink.
- 1 color passport photograph, two-inches square, taken within the last six months, sharp focus with a white background. Places to get your passport photos..
- Any previous U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card, unless it was lost or stolen. Please bring evidence in support of a name change, if applicable.
- Two parents with proof of relationship for applicants age 0-15; or a parent with a notarized consent form DS-3053 and copy of both sides of non-appearing parent’s ID. Proof includes birth certificates and adoption papers.
- One parent for minors 16-17.
Other additional cases
- For customers requesting ‘hand-carry’ service: letter of authorization and proof of travel are required.
- For children deriving citizenship through parents: parent’s naturalization certificate, child’s permanent resident card and child’s birth certificate are required. If the birth certificate is not in English, a certified English translation is required. Parents’ marriage certificate is also needed.
- Calvert Library does NOT process the renewals via form DS-82. Persons eligible to use this form should mail it in themselves. If you would like to process the renewal through the library, please fill out form DS-11.
Additional information and estimated processing times are available from the Department of State.
What are the costs?
There are several types of payment involved and amounts vary depending on the product you need (see chart below). These costs are payable by check or money order ONLY. A separate check, payable to the Department of State, is required for each application.
|Passport Services||Passport Processing Fee:
Check or money order payable to the Department of State
Cash, check, money order, or credit card payable to Calvert Library
|Adult (age 16 and over)|
|Juvenile (age 15 and under)|
|Expedited Service* (per application if requested)||+$60|
(per application from DOS to home)
*The average wait for a passport is 6 – 8 weeks. To expedite service please add $60 to the standard processing fees for faster service. For updated information regarding regular and expedited wait times go to: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/processing-times.html
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Please note that Execution Fees are the same at all Passport Acceptance Facilities.